What are essential oils?
- Pure extracts from plants (50-70 X more powerful than herbs)
- Carefully steam distilled or cold pressed extraction
- Highly concentrated – e.g. 1 drop of peppermint essential oil = 28 cups of peppermint tea
- Nature’s defense mechanism for plants and cells
- Safe, effective, and affordable alternative to synthetic health remedies
How do essential oils help us?
- Provide a safe and natural alternative
- Hundreds of compounds in each essential oil have a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications
- Used for thousands of years for health, beauty, and food
- Few, if any, undesirable side effects when used as directed
- Oils work with body to address issue and root causes on a cellular level
How do we use essential oils?
Essential oils can be applied in three ways:
Three ways to use essential oils:
Aromatically – Breath in or diffuse.
- Inhaling essential oils can affect your mood, clear your airways, and cleanses the air.
Internally – Add to water, drop under tongue, or put in a capsule.
- Certain essential oils can be used as digestive supplements to support the mouth, throat, liver, the digestive system, and your overall health.
Topically – Apply to feet, back of ears, chest, back of neck or any troubled areas. Message as desired.
- One drop of essential oils on the bottom of your feet enters your blood stream in 30 seconds and is powerful enough to service every cell in your body.
When applying Topically, use caution on sensitive skin. Essential oils can be divided into three groups:
- Neat – no dilution required: apply directly on skin
- Sensitive – dilute for young or sensitive skin*
- Dilute – dilute before using*
*Essential oils can be diluted with a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut oil or olive oil.
Are essential oils safe, effective, and affordable?
That depends. The essential oil industry is unregulated. There are many essential oils that are produced in a laboratory and many that are extracted from plants.
When shopping for essential oils, be sure you find oils that are both pure and potent.
- Purity>>> Safe
- Potency>>> Effective
- Concentrated>>> Affordable (1 drop of Lemon oil costs about $0.08)
The industry’s grading of essential oils:
- Synthetic– toxic chemical fragrances
- Food– cooking extracts and flavorings
- Therapeutic– unregulated standards opened this category to misleading claims, compromised quality, and marginal health benefits
Certified Pure and Certified Therapeutic – quality and purity standard – safe for all ages and uses